These mindful, refined sugar free coconut macaroons made in our Superheated Steam Countertop Oven are the perfect holiday treat this season! This recipe can be made with or without peppermint and dark chocolate, but feel free to sub your favorite flavor — vanilla, orange or almond would all be wonderful additions to these delicious Christmas cookies!
If you have an upcoming holiday party, these are a great make ahead treat. Typically, I like to make an extra batch and keep them in the freezer until right before I leave for a gathering.
- 3 egg whites *carefully separate so there is no yolk
- 1/3 cup honey light in color is best, raw recommended
- 1/2-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/4 cup coconut *fine shred or macaroon shred
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- Add egg whites and honey to a bowl, and use a whisk to beat the mixture until it becomes light and foamy. The idea isn’t to form peaks, like a meringue, but just to make the mixture very foamy. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the peppermint extra (or other flavoring desired), and then the coconut. Use a spoon to fully coat the coconut.
- Using a rounded tablespoon or a cookie scoop, pack the coconut mixture into a ball shape, and place on a lined baking tray. This recipe makes about 20 tablespoon sized cookies.
- In the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven, set the oven to BAKE/REHEAT at 350 degrees, and bake the cookies for 12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned on top.
- To bake these in a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 16-18 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Serving Size: 20 cookies
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 0.4% | Calcium: 1.5% | Iron: 1.7%