A delicious appetizer for your holiday gathering — sweet potato and salmon croquettes. This mindful baked croquette is easier to make and serve to a crowd! These make a delicious lunch or dinner alongside a salad.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion finely minced
- 1-2 tablespoons jalapeno finely minced, depending on heat
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs*
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes, and add to a baking tray along with salmon fillet.
- In the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven, bake at 425 for 20 minutes. In a conventional oven, bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes and salmon are baked, add the sweet potatoes, herbs, lemon juice, onion, jalapeno and sea salt to a food processor, and process until the potato is broken up.
- Add the baked salmon, and pulse until the salmon is mixed in, but still in chunks. Don’t overprocess.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl, and add breadcrumbs to a second bowl.
- Form 1/4 cup sized patties. The mixture is soft and a bit sticky, but form them delicately. The mixture is easier to form into patties if it’s chilled.
- Dip each patty into the egg, and then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Bake croquettes in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Broil/Grill on 425 for 12 minutes, and then flip and continue baking for another 4 minutes. In a conventional oven, bake on 425 for 15 minutes, and then flip and continue baking another 6 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 10 croquettes