Whether you’re impulse baking late at night or preparing for a party with friends and family, tasty frosting is a KEY element to the perfect cupcake. In fact, my niece ONLY eats the frosting off of my cupcakes, so there is quite a lot of pressure to find just the right recipe.
As I said in our gluten free chocolate cupcake post, there truly is no comparison with homemade desserts and box mix. Same goes for icing from a can. If you’re in a time crunch, it is alternative. However, there is no comparison, in my opinion, between the flavor of icing from a can and freshly made.
Luckily, our SHARP Chef Michelle, blogger for Sunkissed Kitchen, shares with us a simple two ingredient frosting that is similar to a buttercream — but made with no butter or powdered sugar! With a more mindful frosting that is higher in protein and lower in sugar, you won’t have to say goodbye to your New Year’s resolution just yet.
- 1 package cream cheese full fat
- 1 100 gram white chocolate high quality
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. To ensure it doesn’t burn, heat gently for 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl, and use a hand or a stand mixer to whip and soften.
- Drizzle in melted white chocolate, and then whip with the mixer until combined.
- Use to frost cupcakes or cakes as a healthier alternative to buttercream.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 59mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6.1% | Calcium: 4.2% | Iron: 0.6%
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 10 servings
Calories: 131 kcal