The perfect quick and easy lunch.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time8 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cans (5-ounce) solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 rib)
- 1 tbsp finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 english muffins
- split 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and oregano until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the sandwich, place the English muffins, cut side up, on the crisper tray. Evenly spread 1/4 of the tuna salad onto each of the slices. Top each sandwich with a tomato slice and a slice of cheese.
Place the crisper tray on the upper level.
Turn on Toast function. Toast on level 6, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Do Ahead: The tuna salad can be made up to two days in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Serves: 2 | Setting: Toast|Toast Level: 6| Time: 6:30 Minutes |Tray Type: Crisper Tray | Tray Position: Upper