“A brave lion sleeps and roars in the heart of every courageous leader.”
For me personally, there is no greater leadership honor than to earn a man’s or woman’s trust. There is no greater honor than to stand before young, hungry and ambitious minds who dream of the art of the possible and young people who dream of becoming world-class business leaders. I, like you, love to have ambitious, energetic minds question me and challenge my mettle, my experience and tenable viewpoints in building world class opportunities. To share the glory of opportunity through the guts and heart of passionate and effective leadership.
Leadership is all about well-spent, well-fueled time and correspondence in the arena of creative ideas and discipline. Leadership is all about the ability to initiate, motivate and promulgate a team to best deliver on the assets of the business and the expected forecast with individual contributions that together fulfill the stated goals. And most importantly, august leaders lead from behind by example, by supporting their teams in the language of trust, relevant tools and highly creative thinking. They know questions are the viable answers to opportunity, to growth, to career longevity: to competitive advantage.
In essence, great leaders we lionize have a rugged constitution with boundless sensitivity. They are clear, concise, bold, highly relevant, very inclusive and open. Mostly, urbane leaders are trust worthy through their actions, disciplines and support. From studying highly successful industry leaders it is clear they share a commonality in construct for us to study, emulate and admire. They roar with heart and courage: they roar together with their team.
In order to become a world class leader you must first and foremost act like a leader. There is proven history of quicksilver business decisions which time can prove to be the foundation and underpinnings of fallen leadership, failed companies. Quantum directional changes from the top are culpable if they are not founded in consensus and in sound business practice, sound company confidence. Further, misanthropic leadership will directly scorch your employee roster, destroying the young and brave new future world of your business.
I offer 11 principles from my book Green Reign Leadership crafted to build, mature and best orchestrate a viable army of highly effective and happy business leaders:
- Deliver trust, offer confidence and commanding capabilities for your team members.
- Preach, teach and unleash your overall 5 year strategy.
- Openly and consistently reveal fiduciary progress or lack of achievement with respect to targeted goals individually and companywide.
- Help each team member to define and road map how they can personally contribute to the goals from both a pecuniary standpoint and with respect to team engagements.
- Communicate often and always together across and through all your current and potential customers.
- Reveal, promulgate and portend a competitive, fun and spirited culture of determination.
- Be actionable, measurable, accessible and always professional.
- Ensure through your personal leadership to always unleash capacity, never punish productivity.
- Focus every ounce of leadership on your customers and your customers will in turn focus profitable, long term leadership on your business.
Great leadership inspires team greatness. Great leadership challenges the process, challenges the strategy and challenges the team to inspire victorious results. To succeed in leadership is to succeed through inspiring, energizing, trusting and supportive team hero’s, those that have the will, the need and the means to aspire, to roar to greatness. To succeed through hard work, big hearts, big guts together as one hungry and very ambitious leadership team.
To read more content and follow our Senior Vice President Peter Weedfald on Linkedin Click here.