If you are a basketball fan that struggles to make tasty treats to enjoy during a big game, you’re in luck. This Sunday is sure to be another great game between two teams that are ready to play, and ready to win! This is the perfect time to invite friends and family to your home persuading them with some delicious appetizers to pick on while the game is in session! Don’t know what appetizers to provide? Here are some recipes that I think will do the trick!
Slider-Style Mini Burgers
If you have ever had a slider, you know how appetizing and delicious they are. These mini sliders by All Recipes are even better in my opinion, because they are very simple to make and require very little preparation. This is an appetizer that will leave a mouth watering aroma circulating around your home while filling up your friends and family. Best of all, the supplies are cost-effective. Check out this delicious slider-style mini burgers recipe below and let us know your favorite slide toppings by tweeting at @SharpHomeUSA on Twitter.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 24 dinner rolls split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles (optional)
- Preheat your Sharp European Convection Built-in Wall Oven or Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven to 350ºF.
- Line a quarter size sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large cast iron skillet, combine the ground beef and onion soup mix . Stir the ground beef continuously over medium-high heat until the beef has a evenly browned color and is no longer pink or until your desired doneness.
- Once the beef is thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and drain and discard any excess grease.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Line the quarter sized sheet pan with the dinner roll bottoms and spread the cheese and beef mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Place dinner roll tops aside . Cover sheet pan with another layer of aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the burgers are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow at least 5 minutes for the burgers to cool and add dinner role tops.
Recipe Tip: Serve with sliced pickles and ketchup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: 24 burgers
Amarillo Cheese Fries
Now that you have one quick and tasty appetizer on the menu, why not include a side dish that almost anyone will enjoy… french fries! What better to have with your burger than fries, am I right? When I make a menu for a gathering with friends and family, I always try to choose appetizers that do not require a whole day of prep in the kitchen. Below are the ingredients and directions for preparing the Amarillo Cheese Fries courtesy of All Recipes.
- 3 whole russet potatoes
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 12 slices pickled jalapeno peppers, or to taste
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 4 cups vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
See all instructions on All Recipes website here.
- Prep time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6