It’s no secret that I struggle immensely with weeknight cooking, and frequently tell my family, “there is just not enough time in a day”. I am always on the lookout for a quick and mindful dinner inspiration that does not require a ton of preparation. To save more time and energy, I use my Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. Unlike my everyday oven, the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven doesn’t require any preheating! If you are cooking a meal for a party of one, I highly recommend this appliance.
Picture a mindful meal starring salmon, walnuts and olive oil. Talk about the perfect week night dinner, right? Did you know that fish has protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids? As a mindful tip, I would recommend trying to incorporate a fish dish into your weeknight meal rotation at least once every two weeks.
This salmon recipe, created by our Sharp Chef Michelle, blogger for Sunkissed Kitchen, is baked with a crunchy walnut flavored goodness and has a parmesan coating topped with a bright basil pesto. The best part? This dish can be added to your Whole30 diet by omitting the pesto.
- 2 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Add walnuts, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to a food processor bowl. Process until a fine crumb forms.
- Add walnut mixture to a shallow dish, and coat the top of each piece of salmon in the mixture. Add to a baking dish.
- Add the broccoli, peppers and tomatoes (or desired vegetables) to a bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the veggies to the baking tray around the salmon.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Broil/Grill at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat to 425 degrees, and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Top salmon with pesto and serve with veggies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Calories: 499 k cal
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 1452mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 63.3% | Vitamin C: 211.1% | Calcium: 13.5% | Iron: 17.1%