3 medium red, orange, or yellow bell peppers 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup uncooked instant rice 1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
To Access Recipe:
￼￼1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes, set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix ground beef, all but 1/4 cup tomato sauce, rice, egg, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spoon into pepper halves.
3. Spray baking tray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place on rack in baking tray. Place on upper level in oven to begin cooking.
5. With 2 minutes remaining, carefully open door and top peppers with 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Close door and press START.
6. Remove from oven once complete.
￼￼￼￼￼Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 170 | Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 75 mg | Sodium: 450 mg | Carbohydrate: 13 g | Protein: 16 g
Makes 6 Servings