Mindful and delicious? Say it ain’t so! Test your taste buds with this delicious recipe for vegetarian enchilada casserole made in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
- 4 cups enchilada sauce (1/2 recipe of my homemade enchilada sauce)
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions medium, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used 1 green, 1 yellow)
- 2 ears corn (sub 2 cups frozen corn)
- 1 can black beans 15 ounce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- cilantro (optional, to garnish)
- In a bowl, add chopped onions and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Add peppers and onions to the broiling tray, and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- When the veggies are roasted, put them back in the bowl, and add the black beans and corn. Mix to combine.
- In an 11×11 pan, add 1/4 cup enchilada sauce to the bottom, and then add the first layer of tortillas. If you do not have a pan this size, you can split this recipe into 2 8×8 pans.
- On top of the tortillas, add a layer of the black bean and veggie mixture. Top with cheese.
- Repeat until there are 4 layers of tortillas, and 3 layers of veggies, black beans and cheese.
- On top of the final layer of tortillas, add 1/4 cup sauce and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 425 for 25 minutes.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 12 servings
Calories 253 kcal
For more delicious recipes by Sunkissed Kitchen, visit her blog here.