With football season in full swing, I was inspired to make these delicious Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps by Paula Dean as appetizers for my friends and family. I followed the recommended ingredients and preparation given on the Food Network’s channel, but baked the appetizers in my Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. Please note that this recipe is the property of Foodnetwork.com and instructions have been modified to be compatible with the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
- 2 6 oz. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice into halves.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
- Toss together brown sugar and chili powder.
- Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- Coat Broiler Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan.
- Set your Superheated Steam Countertop Oven to Bake/Reheat at 485
- Cook for 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.