- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, plus extra for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 large (burrito-size) tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the tortillas
- Sour cream, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the black beans, corn, red bell pepper, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salsa, cumin, and chili powder until well combined.
2. Place 2 tortillas on a work surface. Spray the bottom side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Evenly sprinkle half of each tortilla with ½ cup of the cheese. On both tortillas, spoon half of the black bean and corn mixture evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the black bean and corn mixture.
4. Fold the tortillas in half and press down gently but firmly.
5. Place the quesadillas on the broiling pan. Place in the oven on the upper level.
6. Turn on Bake function and set to 425°F.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Serves: 2 | Setting: Bake|Temperature:425˚F | Time: 10 Minutes |Tray Type:Broiling Pan| Tray Position: Upper