When I’m planning for a birthday party at the house, I usually find myself getting carried away with organizing the house and can hardly find the time to bake a full table full of desserts. Plus, I must admit that I am anything but a pro baker, so cupcakes are usually my go-to dessert to bake. There relatively mess free and far simpler to decorate quickly, not to mention I can’t be judged nearly as much for my questionable skills with an icing bag.
Whether you admit it to yourself or not, you can definitely taste the difference between a batch of homemade cupcakes and box mix. Trust me, I have tried to bamboozle my guests into believing otherwise before. Our Sharp Chef Michelle, creator of Sunkissed Kitchen has created a DELICIOUS recipe for gluten free chocolate cupcakes in the SHARP Superheated Steam Countertop Oven that are full of mindful ingredients, but still moist, rich, and fudgy. I must say, it is sure to be your new favorite cupcake recipe and my nephews as well!
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or sub coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey light tasting, or sub date syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat your Superheated Steam Countertop Oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, add oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix well until combined.
- Add the almond flour (sifted, if needed) and cocoa powder, and stir until combined.
- Line a 6 cavity muffin pan with liners. Divide the batter into 6 cupcakes.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven at 350º for 18 minutes, until the centers are fully cooked.
- Frost with white chocolate buttercream, and decorate simply with sprinkles.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 cupcakes
Calories: 288 kcal
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2.4% | Calcium: 4.8% | Iron: 9.4%