Creamy baked sweet potatoes get a dinner upgrade by mixing in roasted veggies, chicken, and cheese, and then topping them with avocado. A healthy dinner that will disappear fast!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 pound chicken, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips (I used ½ green, ½ red)
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus more for topping (optional)
- Cilantro and avocado, for topping (optional)
- Bake sweet potatoes on 425 degrees F in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for 1 hour, until soft and well baked.
- While potatoes are baking, season chicken with olive oil, sea salt and spices.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Add onions and peppers, along with the chicken, to the broiler tray, and bake on 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes down the center, and then remove half of the flesh from the insides. Add the sweet potato to a bowl.
- Add roasted chicken and veggies, along with lime juice and cheese, to the sweet potato puree, and mix well to combine.
- Divide the filling back into the 4 sweet potatoes. Top potatoes with additional cheese, if desired.
- Return sweet potatoes to the oven for another 15 minutes, until cheese starts to brown.
- Top sweet potatoes with avocado, cilantro, or salsa to serve.
For more delicious recipes, check out our Sharp Chef Sunkissed Kitchen’s website.