My favorite cornbread stuffing, made with chicken sausage and tons of sage, and then baked into stuffing balls for a beautiful presentation. The perfect addition to your holiday table!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage or sub pork sausage
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cornbread cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter, onions, celery, bell pepper, and apple. Saute for about 15 minutes until very soft.
- Season the vegetable mixture with salt and sage. Add the sausage, and continue to cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Add the apple cider and chicken broth, and simmer until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Add the cornbread, and stir well to combine, then remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has had 5 minutes to cool down, add a beaten egg, and then stir to coat.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven for 15 minutes on 400 degrees F.
- Serve as a side at a holiday meal, or as a main course for a festive winter dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 portions