The perfect pastry for all meals! Enhance your next dinner with friends and family with this delicious ricotta, spinach, and corn empanada recipe made fresh in your Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. Flaky, fresh dough make these ricotta spinach and corn empanadas a recipe worth keeping.
- 1 Can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach – thawed and remove excess water.
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Corn – thawed and remove excess water
- 1 Egg – for brushing the empanadas on top or use milk
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Salt – or use as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Chili Flakes – as per taste
Make the Filling:
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, corn and seasoning.
- Mix everything until combined.
Prepare the Empanadas:
- Unroll the biscuit dough from the can.
- Divide each biscuit dough into half and make round balls.
- Roll each ball into 8′ circular disc.
- Take 1 large tablespoon scoop and fill each circle with filling.
- Fold in half and pinch edges.
- Seal the empanadas by pressing with a fork along the edge.
- Repeat this process till all empanadas are filled and sealed.
- Place 6-8 empanadas on the crisper tray.
- Brush each of them with egg mixture and spray cooking oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes for 430°F or until golden brown.
- Remove from the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
- Serve with favorite dip/sauce