A mindful pizza crust that has a very similar flavor and texture to the real deal?! We’re hooked! This whole foods based pizza crust is a must-have recipe for any mindful cook!
- 2 tablespoons warm water (not hot)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 yeast packet
- 1 potato 9-10 ounces, boiled
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix together the water and honey, and stir until the honey is dissolved. Add the yeast, stir until combined, and then allow to sit until the yeast has proofed, about 5-10 minutes. If your mixture doesn’t become bubbly, it’s inactive, and it’s best to start with fresh yeast.
- Once your potato is boiled and then cooled, push the skin off with your fingers, and then grate the potato.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot, and sea salt.
- To the dry mixture, add the egg, olive oil, and yeast mixture. Stir together until combined.
- Use your hands to form a ball with the dough in your bowl. It is much stickier than a traditional bread dough, but it will still hold together well in a rounded shape. Cover the bowl with a towel, and place in a warm area for 30 minutes to rise. The dough will nearly double.
- Use parchment or baking paper. Use a large piece folded in half, and dump the dough onto one side of it, and then cover it with the other half. Use a rolling pin to flatten and shape into about a 10-11 inch pizza.
- Cut off the top portion of the parchment, and slide the pizza crust onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Bake/Reheat for 18 minutes on 425 degrees. If using a traditional oven, preheat the oven, and then bake the crust on 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top the crust as desired, and then return to the oven. Set the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven to Bake/Reheat at 425 degrees for 8-12 minutes, depending on how many toppings are loaded on top. In a conventional oven, the bake at 425 for an additional 12-15 minutes.
*Nutrition facts are for the crust alone and do not include toppings.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 slices
Calories 165 kcal
For more delicious recipes by Sunkissed Kitchen, visit her blog here.