Sunday dinners are a regular event in my house, which means that most of my Sunday mornings are spent at the grocery store and in the kitchen. Keep in mind, these dinners have 15-20 relatives every week. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t have a problem with this. It’s a wonderful feeling knowing you are cooking for your loved ones.
However, I would be lying if I said there weren’t days that I would give anything NOT to spend hours on my feet preparing trays of food. That’s part of the reason why this is a mindful and simple baked chicken breast recipe, stuffed with a flavorful combination of spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and cheese is a life saver! Created by our SHARP Chef Michelle, blogger for Sunkissed Kitchen, this recipe was made to perfection in the SHARP Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
I tripled the recipe and it was quite the hit with my family. The best part? I saved a significant amount of time without having to sacrifice the quality of our dinner. This recipe is sure to be a delicious lunch or dinner that your family will love!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper, to taste
Spinach and Artichoke Filling
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Slice each chicken breast down the edge, so that a flap can be pulled up and stuffed with the mixture. Rub the spices into both the outside and inside of each chicken breast, and then marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Make the filling by chopping the artichoke hearts, spinach and sun dried tomatoes, and mixing them together in a bowl with shredded cheese.
- Divide the mixture between the chicken beasts, stuffing very full.
- Add the chicken breasts to the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven Broiler Tray, and set the oven to bake 375º for 20 minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 375º F. Add the chicken breasts to a large baking dish, and cover with foil. Bake the chicken breasts for 15 minutes covered, and then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, until juices run clear or the internal temperature is 165º F. Using the foil helps provide the “steam” to keep the chicken moist while baking.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1046mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 36.5% | Vitamin C: 20.5% | Calcium: 24% | Iron: 9.4%
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 servings