What is the best way to reward a smart or tough cookie? With a homemade chocolate chip cookie, of course! Be sure to have a glass of milk handy as you dip into this cookie recipe from Chef Michelle Miller of Sunkissed Kitchen. This recipe is one for the books!
These soft-baked cookies rival your favorite bakery! A chewy center is studded with lots of chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. The cookies will look under-baked when you pull them out, but trust us when we say they will be perfect.
- 1/2 cup butter melted, but not hot
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the Sharp Superheated Steam Oven on Convection Bake at 350º F for 1 tray.
- Line both baking trays with parchment paper.
- Into a stand mixer bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Using the paddle attachment, mix until the sugars are creamed with the butter.
- Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, and continue to mix until a crumbly batter forms. The mixture will look slightly dry but will stick together when pressed into balls.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks using a spoon.
- Using a 4 teaspoon cookie scoop, tightly pack dough and line 12 cookies on a baking tray, about 1 inch apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. The cookies will be very light in color and seem underbaked, but will firm up as they cool and be a perfect soft-baked chocolate chip cookie.
Variations: Create your favorite cookie by changing the additions. Instead of dark chocolate chunks, try white chocolate. These are also delicious with 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts.
If you try this recipe or have one you would like to share, tag us on social media @SharpHomeUSA and use the hashtag #SharpHome.