While you may be practicing social distancing in quarantine, consider cooking up these recipes as meal prep lunch options for you and your family during the week! These recipes will save you time during the day and will fuel you through the work or school day. The best part? These recipes are virtually mess-free giving you time back in your day. Feel free to swap out any ingredients listed below for what you have in your fridge or customize the flavors to what you prefer. Share your tasty creations with us by using the hashtags #SharpStayatHome and #SharpHome and tagging @SharpHomeUSA on Instagram and Twitter.
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili
Slow Cookers are one of the most essential tools in our kitchen! They take out some of the stress you experience while cooking and do a good amount of the work for you. Meal prep this hearty sweet potato vegetarian chili to enjoy for lunch throughout the week with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips. I recommend pairing this dish with brown rice or a grain of your choice. For best results the day after, reheat each bowl in a microwave-safe dish in your Sharp Countertop Microwave Oven for about 2 minutes for a satisfying, mindful meal.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 2-4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Set your slow cooker on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse canned beans.
- Add all ingredients to the pot and mix to combine.
- Be sure to mix every 30 minutes or so.
- Serve with brown rice and top with avocado to serve. Let chili cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Upgraded PB+J Sandwich
Everyone loves the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, am I right?! This week, upgrade your traditional PB+J by making your own homemade jelly in under 10 minutes. I know, I didn’t think it would be possible either. This satisfies my need for mindful homemade ingredients WITHOUT the intimidating prep time required. This recipe is full of wholesome, real ingredients compared to store-bought jellies which can have added sugars and preservatives. Pair with your favorite whole-grain bread and natural peanut butter to serve.
Pro tip: Toast your bread before adding your spreadings for a warm tasty delight.
- 2 cups of frozen berries of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (Optional)
- Place 2 cups of frozen berries in a pot over medium heat until they are thawed. Mash gently with a fork to break down the fruit.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add chia seeds and lemon juice. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a small jar. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Add honey if the jam is not sweet enough for your taste. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
I love to meal prep this grain bowl recipe on a Sunday to have the ingredients on hand throughout the week! For the grain, I recommend following the instructions based on which variety you purchase. See below for instructions for the lemon broccoli, roasted chicken, and a quick dressing! Pair all of these elements together for a flavorful, nourishing lunch!
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse your broccoli and chop into florets. Place them on a baking tray with the juice of one lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, & salt, and pepper to taste.
- Slice your remaining lemon and place over the broccoli.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- Remove from oven and top with a pinch of salt.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim and prep your chicken breasts, adding a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and paprika to both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in your chicken breasts, cooking each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Pop the chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped avocado
- Add all ingredients into a jar, shake to combine.
Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed