It always comes down to this- what and how can I serve myself and my family a mindful, nutritious meal the fastest way possible, leaving us all with empty plates or bowls and full bellies? And preferably minimal clean up… Well, today, I bring you a delicious plant-based meal that does just that! Kick up your rice and veggie bowl from ordinary to over-the-top flavorful without sacrificing the healthy or hours in your kitchen. And yes! It includes minimal clean up too! Say hello to your new favorite way to the rice bowl.
I’m crushing on cauliflower right now- I often forget about cauliflower, and I am not sure why because it’s such a versatile ingredient. It turns out; it works perfectly as “rice” in this recipe. Then you added sriracha peanut crispy tofu and caramelized red onion, zucchini, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, and baby bok choy for a new, fresh take on an old favorite.
Here’s the good news, the caramelized veggies are cooked on one sheet and in just 15 minutes with the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven! But wait, there’s more good news- The crispy tofu is cooked at the same time, in the same oven as the caramelized veggies making this a 30-minute-to-die-for meal the whole family will enjoy.
When I am working at home I blink and before I know it, it’s time to cook dinner. If I’m going to try to keep some sanity in my weekly workflow, I need to stick to our bedtime routine as closely as possible. With the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven, I can cook dinner quickly to ensure we eat dinner on time, and it allows me to step away to do other errands while the oven does the heavy lifting.
The Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven revolutionizes cooking to cook better, more mindful meals by combining superheated steam and conventional, radiant heat, making your food crispy and browned on the outside, moist and delicious on the inside. I was very curious as to how using steam would make my food crispy, but it did! I also noticed that the veggies in this recipe had retained their vibrancy more than when cooked in a conventional oven and tasted extra fresh!
My absolute favorite part about this countertop oven is that it doesn’t need to preheat, so we’re talking about cutting out 15 or so minutes just waiting for the oven to heat up. And for this particular recipe, you can quickly dice all your vegetables and tofu ahead of time and simply turn on your oven and bake! You can also toast, warm, bake/reheat, broil/grill, and cook a pizza- again, all without preheating! Pretty fantastic, eh? So now that I’ve raved about this Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven, head on over to Sharp’s website to shop, and let’s get steam cooking with these Sriracha Peanut Cauliflower Rice Bowls shall we?!
Sriracha Peanut Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 16 oz cauliflower rice you can make your own from a head of cauliflower, but I bought mine already pearled
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
Sriracha Peanut Crispy Tofu
- 1 block super firm tofu drained, pressed, cubed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch/powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp liquid aminos or Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce
Sriracha Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce you can use less for less heat
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch baby bok choy chopped if desired
- 1 Red onion chopped into large pieces
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini diced into medium pieces
- 4-8 oz broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful chopped peanuts
- 1 handful fresh grated ginger
- 1 handful green onions
- Drain and press your tofu, then cut into cubes (if not purchesed cubed). Add the tofu to a gallon zip loc bag with the sesame oil and arrowroot starch. Shake the tofu around until the pieces are well coated
- Whisk together the rest of the tofu marinade: liquid aminios (or Tamari), sriracha sauce, maple syrup, and melted peanut butter then add to the bag and shake the tofu around until the pieces are well coated and then add to the SHARP SUPERHEATED STEAM COUNTERTOP OVEN crisper tray covered with foil.
- Turn on your oven to the Broil/Grill setting at 485 degrees and set the time to 30 minutes. Broil your tofu while you prepare the veggies next, flipping the pieces after about 10 minutes
- Chop and dice your veggies, add to the SHARP SUPERHEATED STEAM COUNTERTOP OVEN broiling pan, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven
- While your veggies and tofu are broiling, heat a large skillet on your stovetop to medium and add 1.5 tbsp sesame oil. Add your cauliflower pearls and sautee while your veggies cook tossing occassionally
- Make your peanut sauce by blending all ingredients together
- Turn the skillet heat down to low, add the peanut sauce to the skillet with the cauliflower rice and stir to combine
- Check on your tofu and veggies after about 20 minutes and keep cooking if needed, but shouldn’t take longer than 20-30 minutes
- Spoon some of the cauliflower rice in your bowls, top with veggies and tofu and then garnish with freshly grated ginger, chopped peanuts and diced green onion