If you have a sweet tooth like I do, then you’re in luck. Our Sharp Chef Michelle has outdone herself with this tasty recipe for fudgy vegan brownies that are baked to perfection in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. These flourless and gluten free brownies have a base of almond butter and bake into chewy and rich brownies. I must admit, they are already a favorite of mine.
I am typically hesitant to bake a batch of brownies because I know I will end up eating the entire batch before it even settles in the pan. Like I said, my sweet tooth is out of control. However, I find that when I bake a sweet treat that is vegan, I have far less guilt about taking more than one serving at a time. Impulse baking has never been easier with our step-by-step instructions and recipe video.
Curious about what a vegan diet or a gluten free diet consist of? We go into depth on what both a vegan diet and a gluten free diet are in the Simply Better You section of our blog.
- 6 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3 tablespoons moscavado sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 6 tablespoons date syrup
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other neutral tasting oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped, optional
- Add the cocoa powder and all ingredients through baking soda to a food processor bowl, and process until the chocolate chips are broken down but still chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except walnuts, to the food processor, along with the dry ingredients.
- Pulse to combine all ingredients until a very thick, sticky batter is formed. When it’s combined, it will form a ball. This is because the almond butter “seizes” with the liquid ingredients.
- Stir in walnuts if adding.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, and press the sticky dough into the pan in an even layer. This is easiest with wet hands. Smooth the top.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Bake/Reheat at 350º for 12 minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat to 350º, and bake brownies for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow brownies to fully cool before slicing.
* Nutrition facts are for brownies cut into very large pieces. I typically cut desserts this rich into 12-16 pieces.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 6 large brownies
Calories: 476 kcal
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Calcium: 17.3% | Iron: 14.5%
You May Also Like: