- Nonstick cooking spray, for the tray
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bratwurst, each about 1-inch thick
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1. Spray the broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, toss together the bell peppers, onions, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the brats in the middle of the tray. Place the peppers and onions around the brats on the sides of the tray.
4. Place the broiling pan on the upper level.
5. Turn on Broil/Grill function. Cook for 8 minutes. Then flip the sausages and cook for 4 more minutes, or until the sausages are golden brown.
6. Remove the sausages and peppers from the oven.
7. Place the split buns, cut side up, on the crisper tray, turn on Toast function and toast on level 4.
8. Spread the bottom half of each bun with mustard. Top with a sausage and grilled peppers and onions
Serves: 4 | Setting: Broil/Grill|Temperature: 485˚F| Time: 17:30 Minutes |Tray Type: Broiling Pan/Crisper Tray | Tray Position: Upper