A meal is not complete without the perfect side dish. A side dish should be delicious and easy to prepare. With the help of Chef Michelle Miller of Sunkissed Kitchen, we are bringing you recipes you’re guaranteed to love, like this Cheesy Garlic Green Bean recipe you can prepare using a Superheated Steam Oven! Feel free to show off your Sharp Specials by connecting with us on social using #SharpHome on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
A delicious way to serve green beans – smothered in cheese and garlic, and baked until crisp-tender and melty! This mindful green bean recipe is low carb and the perfect side to your protein of choice.
The Best Roasted Green Beans With Garlic
In the summertime, I am all about mindful vegetable side dishes. This is a great one for any night — a typical weeknight, or a special occasion. You can rest assured there will be no veggies left on the table after dinner.
While you’re wandering farmers’ markets this summer, load up on the season’s best veggies. I have been filling my bag with zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lots of berries.
Why You’ll LOVE this Easy Baked Garlic Green Bean Recipe:
- Garlic. Cheese. More Cheese. Come on now!
- This dish is put together in about 5 minutes, then bakes for 12 minutes. Faster if you buy your garlic peeled (the best trick to eating more garlic!).
- The quick roasting time means the green beans come out crisp and fresh-tasting, while the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- It’s the perfect side dish for grilled pork chops, and baked salmon, and would be super dreamy paired with this Baked Cod in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- It’s an irresistible side dish that’s perfect for gluten-free, vegetarian, low carb, and keto diets.
I bake this green bean with garlic dish in my Sharp SuperSteam+ Built-in Wall Oven. While regular steam only reaches 212°F, the Sharp SuperSteam+ Oven can create superheated steam up to 485°F. I adore this oven for its many uses and for how moist and fresh food tastes coming out of it! Cooking with steam this hot can roast meats and caramelize sugars quickly, meaning that your food can be brown and crispy on the outside, and tender and juicy on the inside. With the Sharp SuperSteam+ Oven, you can grill without smoke, roast without drying, and get the roasty-toasty, tasty results you desire. I have never had an appliance quite like this one.
It has TONS of settings including Steam Cook, Steam Refresh, Steam Bake Bread, Steam Keep Warm, Steam Water Bath, Convection Bake, SuperSteam+ Grill, and SuperSteam+ Roast. These modes help to make the perfect crust on home-baked loaves of bread, steam vegetables, and meats, and also use convection for baking simple dishes like this.
If you LOVE to cook like I do, and want a luxury experience in your kitchen, I highly recommend this oven. It’s a perfect 2nd oven if you often host holiday gatherings as I do or love to bake professional bakery quality goods!
How To Make Garlic Green Beans
Step 1: Add the green beans to a baking dish. I don’t think they need to be in a single layer, but make sure to use a dish large enough that they will cook evenly.
Step 2: In a small bowl, combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Add the parmesan and oil mixture to the dish with the green beans, and mix to coat the green beans. I usually just use my hands for this to really mix up the beans and get them evenly coated!
Step 4: Bake the green beans for 8 minutes. This allows the garlic to roast and the vegetables to begin to soften.
Step 5: Add a layer of mozzarella cheese to the top of the green beans.
Step 6: Return the baking dish to the oven for another 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Tips for the Perfect Baked Green Beans
- The cooking times I recommend will result in a crisp, slightly undercooked (and fresh tasting!) green bean dish. If you like your veggies on the softer side, add 3-5 minutes to the first bake time.
- Switch it up! Other mindful veggies work well in this flavor-packed dish. Try asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower, prepared in the same way!
- Make it your own by adding your favorite cheese in place of the mozzarella! Sharp white cheddar, gruyere swiss cheese, or even a Havarti cheese would all melt well and be great with the garlic and green bean combo!
Check out the full recipe on Sunkissed Kitchen.