Blueberry season is in full swing, and if you’re looking for new ways to enjoy this yummy fruit you’ve come to the right place. With a lusciously tender texture due to a steamed bake using a revolutionary Sharp Superheated Steam Oven, this ricotta cheesecake is made luminous and bright with lemon zest and juice mixed into the batter and topped with fresh blueberries. A berry delicious dessert guaranteed to make your mouth water!
Feel free to share your favorite reward for a warm day, whether it’s this cheesecake, another recipe, or a fun activity, by connecting with us on social using #SharpHome on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- 24 gingersnap cookies (168 grams)
- 1 cup (121 grams) roasted salted shelled pistachios
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces (454 grams) of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (24 grams) of cornstarch
- 12 ounces (340 grams) of ricotta cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (120 grams) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 2 cups (292 grams) of fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon (20 grams) apple jelly, melted
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray with flour; line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place gingersnaps, pistachios, and salt; process until finely ground. Add melted butter, pulsing until combined—press mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan.
- Set SHARP Superheated Steam Oven to Convection Bake/325°F/Preheat/1 Tray/8 minutes/Start. (See Note)
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium-low speed until very creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add sugar mixture and ricotta to cream cheese, beating until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover the top of the prepared pan tightly with plastic wrap and then foil, pressing to seal.
- Set SHARP Superheated Steam Oven to Steam Bake/Water Bath/275°F/1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off, and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door closed until completely cool, 2 hours. (Leave cheesecake wrapped in plastic wrap and foil.) Remove from oven, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium bowl, toss together blueberries and melted jelly to coat. Pat the surface of the cheesecake with a paper towel before serving, and arrange the blueberry mixture on the cheesecake.
Note: To bake in a traditional oven: Omit the use of plastic wrap and foil. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake crust until set, about8 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (170°C). Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake until set around edges but slightly jiggly in the center, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door closed until completely cool, 3 to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate overnight.