I often find myself rushing out of the house in the morning and end up missing the most important meal of the day: breakfast. The hassle of cooking a full meal and creating a mess in the kitchen seems like a daunting task most mornings, especially when you’re not a morning person. On the days I miss breakfast, I feel sluggish and regret not making something to eat.
Luckily, I found some quick and simple breakfast recipes I can make in the microwave and eat straight out of the mug. Through my search across numerous blogs and social boards, I have narrowed my top picks and decided to share them with you. If you try one of these awesome recipes or want to share another one, feel free by connecting with us on social using #SharpHome on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
French Toast in a Mug
When I came across this French Toast in a Mug recipe from “Tips from a Typical Mom”, my sweet tooth could not resist. It is the perfect pick-me-up for any morning, but the best part is it takes less than 5 minutes to make! It sets a sweet start to any morning.
This quick breakfast only needs a few ingredients:
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Now that you have gone through your cabinets, let head on over to the microwave.
- First, melt the butter in the mug. Once the butter has melted, coat the inside of the mug with the butter. (If you are using one of the sharp Smart Carousel Countertop Microwave Oven, feel free to just ask your Amazon Alexa by saying “Alexa, melt butter”)
- Mix the egg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in the mug until well blended.
- Next, cut the slices of bread into cubes, place them in the mug, and press them into the liquid mixture. Allow the bread to soak in the liquid for a minute.
- Once the bread has soaked, place it in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second intervals until the egg has thoroughly cooked. This will take around 90 seconds.
- Finally, remove the dish from the microwave and enjoy. For extra sweetness, add syrup of your choice and chow down!
We are in the peak of blueberry season, and I can’t help but pick up a package of blueberries every time I visit the grocery store. I finally found the perfect Blueberry Muffin recipe From Bigger Bolder Baking to help both you and I get rid of those morning blues.
This recipe calls for:
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
What are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
- To make the muffin base, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, milk, and vegetable oil together in a microwave-safe mug until it has a smooth texture.
- Next, place the blueberries into the mixture.
- Using a fork, mix the streusel ingredients in a bowl until the butter resembles a breadcrumb texture.
- Then evenly spread the streusel across the muffin batter.
- Finally, microwave for 1 minute and enjoy!
Omelet in a Mug
If sweets in the morning aren’t your thing, you have to try this protein-packed Omelet in a Mug by Dashing Dish. It is the perfect breakfast when you’re looking for a quick and customizable meal. Put the frying pan and spatula away and grab a mug
Want to incorporate this meal into your morning routine? Open your refrigerator and grab the following:
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 tbs Roma Tomato
- 2 tbs Shredded cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper (for taste)
Once you have all your ingredients gathered, you’re ready to begin!
- Spray the inside of the microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. Whisk together eggs, milk, tomatoes, cheese, and seasoning in the mug. For a more customizable experience, add your favorite mix-ins (I love adding spinach)!
- Microwave for 1 minute (or say “Alexa, microwave for one minute). Remove the mug and stir. Once the minute is up, place the mug back in the microwave for 1 minute, or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Enjoy straight from the mug or wrap it in a tortilla to take it on the go!
Show us how you tackle your mornings by using #SharpHome.