1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves 1/4 cup diced white onion
1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 large ripe (black) plantain
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 (12 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups cooked brown rice
￼￼￼￼1. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, cumin, and salt in a 9-inch pie pan.
2. Place pie pan on baking tray on upper level. Check and flip sweet potatoes halfway through cooking.
3. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, black beans, and onion with the lime juice in a medium bowl and set in the fridge.
4. Peel ripened plantain. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
5. Place oil and plantain slices into a new 9-inch pie pan on baking tray on upper level. Flip plantain slices halfway through.
6. Once the sweet potatoes have finished cooking, assemble the bowls. Divide all of the ingredients equally between the two bowls starting with the rice, then beans, sweet potatoes and plantains, then topping with the fresh pico de gallo mix.
￼￼￼￼￼Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 632 | Fat: 25 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 1609 mg | Carbohydrate: 110 g | Protein: 23 g
Makes 2 Servings