1/4 cup dried currants
2 tbsp olive oil
3 medium sized onions, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 14 oz can tomato, petite diced 1 tbsp all spice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup coarse bulgur, rinsed 1-1/4 cup hot water
3to4 bell peppers, washed, cut in half and seeded 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp basil, chopped
To Access Recipe:
￼￼1. Place dried currants in small bowl and pour 1/2 cup boiling water over it. Set aside.
2. In 2 qt. ceramic dish, add bulgur and water. Place in oven on baking tray on lower level.
3. Let bulgur stand for 10-15 minutes.
4. Place oil, onions and pine nuts in 9-inch pie pan on baking tray on upper level. Cook onions until translucent.
5. Stir in tomatoes, all spice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
6. Remove 9-inch pie pan from oven and set aside
8. Fluff the bulgur with a fork; gently stir in currants, dill, mint, and basil.
9. Fill each half of the peppers with the filling and place on tray.
￼￼￼￼￼Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 376 | Fat: 13 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 514 mg | Carbohydrate: 59 g | Protein: 10 g
Makes 4 Servings